Our privacy commitment
To learn more about how P.I.T Transportation manages Customer Information and what actions you can take, please continue reading. We are committed to respecting and protecting our customers' privacy.
1. Making the security
of information a priority
Keeping Customer Information secure is one of our most important responsibilities. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect Customer Information. Appropriate employees are authorized to access Customer Information for business purposes only. Our employees are bound by a code of ethics that requires confidential treatment of Customer Information and are subject to disciplinary action if they fail to follow this code.
2. Collecting your
Customer Information is categorized in the following ways:
- Identification Information – information that identifies you such as name, address, telephone.
- Payment Information – information for payment of services rendered such as credit card number, credit card expiration date, and credit card security code.
information about you
P.I.T Transportation does not share information about you with any third parties. The information provided by you to P.I.T Transportation is solely for use in order to provide you with convenient access to P.I.T Transportation services and payment of such services
4. Honoring your
You have choices when it comes to how P.I.T Transportation uses information. P.I.T Transportation allows you to keep information about our services private to you via our secure web site. Details about your transactions can be limited to online display and not disseminated via electronic communications such as email and fax if you so choose.
5. Actions you can
You can protect information about your transactions by setting your preferences in your user profile. If you choose to not have your transaction information distributed by electronic communications, check the "Do Not Email" or "Don Not Fax" check boxes on your user profile preferences page if applicable.
6. Guarding your own
P.I.T Transportation recommends that you take the following precautions to guard against the disclosure and unauthorized use of your account and personal information:
- Review your travel confirmations thoroughly and report any suspicious activity to us immediately.
- Do not respond to e-mails requesting User IDs or passwords. Call the institution to verify the legitimacy of the e-mail.
- Memorize Passwords and refrain from writing Passwords, User IDs, or credit card numbers where they could be found.
- Shred documents containing any sensitive information before discarding, e.g. travel confirmations.
- Confirm that an Internet site is secure by checking that the URL (Web address) begins with "https".
- Review your credit report at least once every year to make sure all information is up to date. For a free copy of your credit bureau report, contact www.annualcreditreport.com or call (888) 978-3449
- If you think you have been a victim of identity theft or fraud, you may contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) to report any incidents and to receive additional guidance on steps you can take to protect yourself. Contact the FTC at www.ftc.gov/idtheft or (888) 978-3449
7. Other privacy
This notice constitutes the P.I.T Transportation Do Not Call Policy under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act for all consumers and is pursuant to state law. When you talk with P.I.T Transportation by telephone your conversation may be monitored or recorded by us. P.I.T Transportation will only contact you regarding future reservations or services rendered. P.I.T Transportation will not share information about you with any third parties.
1. Maximize your
experience on P.I.T Transportation Web site
You can get more out of your P.I.T Transportation Web site experience when you tell us who you are. You can choose to do this through online opportunities – for example, by registering for an online service.
2. Browsing our site
You can browse our sites anonymously by choosing not to provide us with any personally identifiable information, such as your name or e-mail address, during your visits to our sites. Browsing anonymously after you've identified yourself involves setting your browser to disable cookies and similar files or by deleting the cookies and similar files that you have accepted from us. To do this, you'll need to follow your browser's instructions for disabling cookies or deleting cookies. Please note that the use of our online product does require the acceptance of cookies or similar files.
3. Cookies and Similar
4. Web Browsing
When you visit our Web site, we may collect the following information in order to service your accounts, save you time and money, and better respond to your needs:
- Profile information Information that you provide to us online in profile registrations and other forms. Examples include your name, address, and telephone number
- Transaction and experience information Information about your online transactions, as well as information about our online communications with you. Examples include your transaction history and your activity on the Web site, such as collecting information on product information reviewed.
6. Making sure
information is accurate
Keeping your profile information accurate and up to date is very important. If your profile information is incomplete, inaccurate or not current, please update your online profile after authenticating into our site.
7. Advertising on the P.I.T
Transportation Web Sites
P.I.T Transportation advertises its products and services within the P.I.T Transportation Web sites. These advertisements may take the form of banner ads and other formats.
8. Online surveys
From time to time, you may be asked to participate in online surveys on the P.I.T Transportation Web site. Online surveys are used so that we can gather information to better serve you. Based on the information you provide to us, we may inform you of services from P.I.T Transportation . You are not required to complete online surveys. We do look forward and appreciate your feedback about our service.
9. Linking to other
We may provide links to non-P.I.T Transportation companies. If you choose to link to Web sites not controlled by P.I.T Transportation, we are not responsible for the privacy or security of these sites, including the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of their information. If you are asked to provide information on one of these Web sites we strongly urge you to carefully study their privacy policies before sharing your information. When you are leaving the P.I.T Transportation site, P.I.T Transportation cannot guarantee the security of the site you are entering and that the site may have different privacy practices and protections.
10. E-mail Fraud
E-mail can be used for sending scams such as a false offer from a company or an alert to a false computer virus. These e-mails are often forwarded with good intention by friends, adding an erroneous level of legitimacy. If you receive an e-mail that you think could be a scam, do not forward it and delete it immediately. If you receive an e-mail warning that a new computer virus is circulating, check the Web site of any one of the well-known anti-virus software companies for validation.
Emails such as these are most likely from criminals who send thousands of emails at a time to random addresses. These criminals are trying to entice the recipient to visit a phony website and provide personal and confidential information, such as online IDs and pass codes, or Social Security numbers and account numbers. Although the site may look like legitimate, it is not which is why this practice is known as "spoofing." To report a suspicious email that uses P.I.T Transportation name, you can forward it to email@example.com
11. Changes to the